Saturday 9 March 2013

Live Tracking - now available

Hello again!

Having spent all day at the SARA station on a first-aid course I returned home to find this little beauty and then spent the rest of the evening fitting/trialling it:

Purchased from Colin @ www.ridermount.com
"What is this?" - I hear you asking, this is a dynamo charger with built-in front + rear lights capable of running my iPhone throughout the trip at any speeds exceeding 10mph - so it shouldn't be a problem.

It may sound a little geeky and some may take the view that this bit of kit is pointless, but having cycled 80% of the distance on my last training ride it then took another 30%+ in time when I had to keep stopping to get my bearings and navigate. The idea behind the dynamo charger is that I can have a GPS(iPhone) on my handlebars at all times with my pre-plotted route already plugged in - EXCELLENT!

I took it for a brief test run in the dark and it generates a substantial amount of light (possibly more than my normal bike lights) which was a blessing in disguise for the times to come where everything doesn't quite go to plan and I roll in later than expected to each destination. 

What's more, by using a combination of the dynamo, iPhone holder and Map My Ride app all those who wish to follow me can do so with "live tracking".
-simply setup an account at www.mapmyride.com and enter 'richardash90' in the Find Friends page where I can accept your invitation and you can follow me whenever I am en route.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment