Sunday 17 March 2013

Fixing stuff & Fame

With just 3 days to go before I arrive in London for the start of the CCSCC the route is finalised, the ad hoc training is complete and now it's just a waiting game. As it draws nearer I'd really like to just get out there and get cracking! Yesterday's training ride was a short one at 22 mi but useful nonetheless as I realised that my left cleat needed replacing and re-positioning so I did both shoes at the same time - to avoid awkwardly  rotating my left knee:

I've also compiled all of the kit I will be carrying/wearing in one place and there is A LOT! But somehow it all fits, albeit snugly, into a saddlebag and a rucksack without too much hassle.

In other news, I have a few thank-you's to make as I have been a little lax in doing this - A big thank you to Timo for arranging the bake sale and dress-down day at work with SARA receiving 50% of the proceeds - which wouldn't have been possible without the help of Donna for sharing her baking skills and cajoling Rob (& Nelson) into sponsoring my cycle. Thank you to Graham Southall at Head Office for his support, thank you to Fred & Alice for sending sterling not Hong Kong dollars - that could have caused some issues. Thank you also to Natasha and Sarah from work and another who has wished to remain anonymous having omitted to leave their name.

And my final thanks go to Sheila for her considerable donation - it's a bugger because the more people sponsor means I definitely have to do this ride... and to Satya for putting up with my constant chatter about bike components and route-planning and pledging her support too.

For those of you interested in showing your support visit:

Last thing, the local Free Press have published a 1/2 page article on my sponsored cycle with the help of Melissa Jones who has shown a keen interest so I would like to extend my thanks to her (Melissa, if you're reading this, is there an online link to the article yet?)

No comments:

Post a Comment