Sunday 31 March 2013

Happy Easter & The Last Word...

Happy Easter to you all!

As the last two posts reflected my obvious disappointment at only making it to Dublin I thought that another was in order so that we can finish on a high. Now that my frustration  for retiring has subsided, in hindsight it was probably a good thing that it happened as the snows between Dublin and Belfast were some of the worst endured by the region in recent history - since however, the sun has started to shine again and the weather for cycling is perfect!

Nevertheless, it will be at least a few weeks before I'm back in the saddle as the nurse in Accrington A&E told me on Thursday evening that I have tendonitis in both knees and I was to cease cycling for up to 12 weeks! - Whilst I will heed most of her advice, the bit about waiting 12 weeks to get back on the proverbial horse we will positively overlook.


As even some of my trip home required some cycling e.g. to and from the Ferry Terminal/Train station in Scotland I have a few more pics I'd like to share:




These are a few snapshots taken when it wasn't too cold to get the camera out.

Since returning I have kept a beady eye on the sponsorship page and it appears to be doing rather well at £1,137.00 and closing in fast on my £1500 target. So I would like to extend my thanks to all of you who have dug deep and supported me on this challenge.

THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment